Tuesday, October 15, 2013

COIF/LIFE


I'm catching up! This event took place only - ahum - three weeks ago. Being the daughter of a hairdresser, I immediately mailed for an invitation when I heard about the event via Media Mania. I always loved walking around hair expos with my mum and colleagues when I was little. So much crazy hairstyles and new hypes I discovered there. Take for example spray tan, more than 10 years ago you could already test it out on hair/beauty expos. I'm pretty sure that my fascination for eccentric hair colours and styles stems from all of these wonderful expos and shows. 

I took more than 300 photos, almost all rubbish. Thank god there were some real photographers present, otherwise this would have been a tragic post.

The event took place in a spacious building with industrial feel; The Egg in Brussels. Such venues just breath classiness. Add some Tiany Kiriloff to the mix and you have a rock-steady concept. At first I thought to bring home some inspiration for my own hair. When the show started I quickly realized that this it wasn't about practical hairdos at all. Afterwards I was overcome with an irrefutable 'deuuuuh' feeling. When people go to fashion shows, they're not expecting to see outfits for grocery shopping, they are looking for inspiration. The same goes for hair shows evidently. I enjoyed looking at all the arty creations, the fairytale inspired ones were my favourite. What do you expect from a Disney girl after all?

Pictures 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 by UBK/UCB


Thank you for the invitation, Media Mania!
Naomi, x.

No comments:

Post a Comment