Monday, May 20, 2013

Do I hear Espadrilles calling?!

Pinterest.com
Like Naomi already told you lovely ones: we're crazy busy and with that, I'll be writing once and a while this upcoming month because I've got a major tight schedule which is a big priority for me at the moment. I'll be musing on new subjects to write about after finals.

But for now, let's talk espadrilles. Thinking of them brings me in an immediate summer mood. I'm already dreaming of a summer outfit with some espadrilles, the biggest cocktail you can imagine, lots of tapas, music on the background and enjoying the sun. Ahhh...
 
I'm a true shoe-lover - having over 40 pairs I think?! - and I'm having a kind of espadrilles galore right now so that makes me in dire need of them. A couple of weeks ago I bought some for an awesome deal on ASOS for only 10EUR.

I've noticed in designer world that it's a kind of 'survival of the fittest' - I'm using a biological term Naomi, what about that ;-). First the Chanel espadrilles and when I was ready to purchase them they were all sold out. Then some real love-at-first-sight Kenzo's and boom they were gone as well. I told myself when there is a next love-at-first-sight moment: do not hesitate anymore. For sure. But I still have a budget to keep in mind so I'm not going supah wild with my credit card
Missoni - Christian Louboutin - Salvatore Ferragamo
Because showing only espadrilles may be somewhat boring, I've styled some in a total look. Give me some opinions ;-)! With what would you style them?

The denim look. It's easy and casual, just the way I like it. The combination of red and denim is just adorable. Top it off with Beatles inspired sunglasses and a straw clutch to match the espadrilles and you're ready to spend a day with your girls or attend a bbq in the most fashionable way. 
 
Espadrilles look
Espadrilles - Valentino / Lace bandeau - Charlotte Russe / Denim shorts - Own the Runway / Denim shirt - Miss Selfridge / Straw Clutch - H&M / Sunglasses - Raen Optics / Ring - Wouters & Hendrix

The Girly look. This pretty thing is inspired on the colors of the United States or the United Kingdom, it's up to you. I do love this combination. I wrote a post on Ballet inspired outfits a while ago and I'm still looking for the perfect tutu for upcoming summer. I can totally see myself wearing this outfit. Glitter espadrilles, funky glasses, nails that got Marshmellowed and a see through clutch, ow yeah baby!

 Espadrilles look 1
Espadrilles - Jimmy Choo / Nail polish - Essie Marshmellow / Como Shirt - Wolford / Perspex clutch - Charlotte Olympia / Sunglasses - Asos / Tutu - Pettiskirt

For those that have a day off, enjoy it A LOT ;-)!
Sabrina, x.

No comments:

Post a Comment