Monday, April 15, 2013

C'est Beau la Bourjoisie

Source: Glamloving

Lucky me was selected to test the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. I took my time to test it thoroughly, so I could give you ladies my honest opinion.

Colour: I picked 'vanilla' but as you can see on the photos, it's a bit too dark for my winter porcelain skin. I don't like it when foundations make my face look browner, the colour of my neck always gives it away. I do think this colour will suit my sun-kissed skin in the summer very well. I recommend to try out every foundation on your face (your chin for example) before you buy it. I know the most convenient way is to test it on your hand, but you're not going to use it on your hand, are you now? ;-) I already noticed that a colour that blends nicely with the colour of my hand, can still be a tad too dark for my face. 

Application: The liquid foundation is very easy to apply. I sometimes switch between a foundation brush and my fingers, but both ways work properly. The liquid doesn't set immediately so you can keep on dividing it evenly onto your skin until you're completely satisfied. The pump system comes in handy to perfectly dose the amount of foundation you want to use. As you can see, I keep it to a minimum. I don't like to walk around with a mask all day.

Coverage: I have a lot of blemishes on my face, especially red & dry spots on my cheeks. On the other hand I also have a very greasy forehead and nose. It's the worst combination! I need a foundation that prevents my forehead and nose from getting greasy and doesn't make my dry spots worse at the same time. I must say that I wasn't too sure that a 'cheap' brand could make this happen. But when I put on the foundation, everything looks very good, you almost can't see that I have red & dry spots anymore. Everything feels very soft but not greasy. The real test, of course, is only after a couple of hours! Amazingly everything still feels the same and my feared greasy forhead is nowhere to be felt. 

Final verdict: I would definitely buy it again! Budget-friendly, easy application, and a satisfactory coverage. Don't expect miracles though, I still have to take care of my blemishes with other products. But I'm very pleased that the foundation doesn't make things worse!




















I hope this information was useful, tips for future reviews are more than welcome.

Cheers!
Naomi, x.

No comments:

Post a Comment