Monday, October 29, 2012

Relaxing weekend

Last weekend I enjoyed all the luxury that Dolce La Hulpe had to offer. You probably all had to deal with it already: expired gift certificates.. Luckily Bongo has an excellent costumer service. For a small contribution you receive a new gift certificate and you're set for another two years. Yaay for me! 

I decided to surprise my mum with a wellness weekend. Two days of relaxing, yummy food, a beautiful environment and of course ME ;). As the weather forecast was unbelievably good, more than 20° (yes only one week ago?!), a good dose of nature had to be included. Dolce La Hulpe, located near the Sonian Forest, was the perfect choice. When we drove up the private domain of the hotel, the relaxing could start!

Autumn atmosphere
First we wanted to enjoy the wellness facilities of course, so off the swimming pool, sauna and hammam. Robe and slippers included.

My sweet mum & me

I'm always looking forward to the sauna, but after five minutes all I can think is: hot, hot, hot! My mind fixated on the grains of sand in the hourglass, slipping away like the days of our lives. Show tune wisdom for the win! After all that sweating, hydration is very important, cocktail-time!

What to choose?
Piña colada!
Hotel Bar
Always wanted to sit in one of these

After a classy drink, it was time for a fancy buffet. Really, no frites (I obviously can't call them 'French' fries) or spaghetti in sight! I was very grateful for my sugar mummy. 



Some more photos of the interior.  




The next day we went for a walk in La Domaine régional Solvay. The beautiful autumn colours and the warm temperatures were very pleasant, more of that please! At a certain point we were surrounded with red squirrels (Go Reds!), ground squirrels and woodpeckers, what a lovely sight. Wish I had my binoculars with me..




I don't mind repeating this weekend at all!

Cheers
Relaxed Naomi, x.   

No comments:

Post a Comment